Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Storm, Another Soup...

When some see a can of Pumpkin puree, the only think of one thing,

Pumpkin Pie.

Not around our house!

 My husband used to be a little sicked out at the idea of pumpkin. He wasn't just a huge fan of pie and had never really had it in anything else. Then he married me!

I think we have used every winter squash known to man since then!
We have used pumpkin in lasagna, ravioli, risotto, and cakes/rolls/muffins alike.

But the all time reigning champion is Pumpkin Soup.

It is creamy, it has some heat to it, it is been a family favorite at showers and family gatherings for years.


Don't let the picture of the pie on the front confuse you. There are many GLORIOUS ways to use what's inside.

 Onions, Butter, Curry.
Yes, curry. It's delicious.


Pumpkin. It does look a little like spaghetti sauce because I didn't have time to fix the color :(

Cream.
Yummy.
Enjoy.
I know I did.
And I will again today for lunch!


No comments: